CASSIE CARRIGAN, MA, LPCC
The Guardian: Constant, Established, Genuine
I am a licensed professional counselor candidate (LPCC), and a counselor at Mayfield Counseling.
- Bachelor of Arts: Texas A&M University. Major in communication with a minor in psychology
- Masters of Arts: John Brown University. Masters of Arts in youth and family ministries
- Masters of Arts: Liberty University. Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Over 4 years of experience with youth, families and individuals
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, International Association of Trauma Professionals
- EMDR Trained, Humanitarian Assistance Programs EMDR Basic Training
- Gottman Marriage Therapy, Level 1 and Level 2 Trained
- Certified Prepare Enrich Marriage/Pre-Marriage Therapist
I enjoy helping people gain freedom and healing through the counseling process. I believe all people are capable of experiencing freedom from unhealthy patterns and healing from hurtful situations and relationships. I holistically approach the counseling process by including physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects. I believe that great insight can be gained from one’s family of origin, past experiences, present happenings, and future desires. I am a faith-based counselor who has worked with individuals dealing with anxiety, depression, self worth, trauma, women’s issues, relationship struggles, attachment issues, sexual identity, codependency, and marriage enrichment. I am certified in Prepare Enrich marriage and pre-marriage counseling, and also utilize the Gottman Method Couples Therapy. I have previous experience as a high school and middle school teacher. This experience has given me great insight into working with children, adolescents, and families. I also have experience in working with addictions, as I led Celebrate Recovery for several years.
I am a true Texan but have learned to embrace the Colorado lifestyle, as I enjoy snowboarding, hiking, and biking. I am happily married to an Air Force officer who lovingly convinced me to leave Texas to be with him. In my spare time, I enjoy crossfit, reading, listening to music, trying new restaurants, dancing, cooking, and spending time with friends.
I lead therapy with adolescents, individuals, couples, and groups from various backgrounds, perspectives, and religions. I have a desire for all people to gain freedom from burdens, struggles and hurts. I believe each individual has great purpose and value.
(719) 452-4803 ex: 704